Frequently Asked Questions
Which areas provide good fishing?
There is a rock pile where the power lines cross the lake in front of the Lodge. Many anglers fish from shore here and have good luck. A boat ramp is located just across the road, for those that have a boat, although most of the boats will fish near the rock pile also. If you are interested in going out on a pontoon or renting boats, contact Marc at 204-302-0224.
How many guests can stay in each cottage?
Prices are based on up to 10 guests in a cottage. At the time of booking, you can choose to add up to 2 additional guests for a small, one time fee, per guest. The maximum number of guests allowed in a cottage is 12. Please check the bed arrangement of each cottage to make sure that it will work for your groups particular needs.
How far away is the beach?
All cottages are located on the lakeshore, however the sandiest area of the beach is located in front of the lodge, just down the shoreline from any of the cottages. You can see the beach from the cottages.
Are boats available for rent?
One of the local residents (Marc) rents boats and kayaks. He can be reached at 204-302-0224.
Is there a golf course nearby?
There is an 18 hole course in Lunder (about a 50 min. drive).
Are pets allowed?
No. A deodorizing fee of $150.00 will be charged if any evidence of pets is detected by the cleaning staff.
Is smoking allowed?
No. A deodorizing fee of $150.00 will be charged if any smoke odor is detected by the cleaning staff.
Are linens included?
Yes. All bed linens, bath towels, and kitchen towels are included. Please bring beach towels for use at the beach and for use in the hot tub.
Is there an extra cleaning fee?
No. There is no maid service during your stay. You can request the staff to stop by and "tidy up" mid week for an additional $25 fee. There are garbage bins available out on the street to place your garbage.
What amenities are included?
Each cottage is individually owned and has its own personality. In the kitchen each cottage has dishes, utensils, coffee maker, microwave, toaster, stove/oven, and a full size fridge. They each have a gas BBQ and hot tub on the deck as well. Each cottage has a private fire pit between the deck and the shore. Please bring folding chairs to use around the fire pit.
What if we decide to leave earlier then planned?
There will be no refunds for days lost through early departure.
What time is check in/check out?
Check in is 4 PM and check out is 10 AM.
Why do we have to use a credit card?
Your authorization to use your credit card number for deposits or payments indicates your compliance with our rules and regulations, whether or not you have actually signed the draft. Your credit card will also act as an additional damage deposit.
What does the lodge offer?
They sell firewood, fishing licenses, and some convenience groceries. The restaurant/bar is attached to the lodge and has a wonderful menu. There is a marina and a house for cleaning fish right in front of the lodge. Near the marina, is the beach.
Where can we get firewood?
The lodge has firewood for sale or you can go to Myrna's Roadside Grill just across the highway from the lodge to the East.
What other winter activities are available?
- Ice Skating: In the past The Lodge typically will makes an ice rink and will provide a warming house. Please contact the Lodge at 204-768-2749 with questions.
- Snowmobiling: there are many trails connected to the lodge, and one can ride for hours.
- There is also a lot of space for making snowmen and snow angels! The hot tubs are great for warming up afterwards.
What items would you suggest we bring when we go?
- Lawn chairs for sitting around the fire
- Lighter to start a fire
- Drinking Water. The cabins have well water with high mineral content. It is safe to drink, however some guests may feel the flavor is different than they are used to .
- Extra toilet paper (they usually have 2-3 rolls there)
- Paper towels
- Laundry detergent
- Foil (for cooking vegetables out on the grill, among other uses)
- Sand toys for the kids, games
- Beach towels (Note: please do not take the bathroom towels outside or use with the hot tub)
- CD player
- A good book
- The kid's bikes (lots of quiet roads behind the cottage to ride bikes on)
- Volleyball/soccer ball, etc. (there is a nice grassy area in front of the cottage to play soccer, baseball, volleyball, football, or any other game)
- First aid kit
- Any unique cooking items that you may need for special meal preparation. Only basic/everyday items are supplied.
- Any spices needed for cooking
- Cleaning wipes (any antibacterial just for quick cleaning)
- Large and small garbage bags (there are bins located on the street for you to place your garbage in)
How far apart are the cabins?
About 15 meters apart. There are 10 cabins all together. The odd numbered cottages are single level with 4 Bedrooms. The even numbered cottages are two story designs with 3 Bedrooms and a loft that can be used as a fourth bedroom.
How long of a drive is it from Winnipeg and Regina?
The cottages are about one hour and 45 min from the corner of North Perimeter and #6 Hwy in Winnipeg. From Regina it is about 5 hours.
How much is the down payment and is there a damage deposit required?
A $200 down payment is due at the time of booking to confirm and hold the reservation. It will be charged to your credit card at the time the reservation is made. The balance or your stay is due 30 days before your arrival along with a refundable $200 damage deposit. This will automatically be charged when due. There is a $15 fee if your credit card is declined for final payment. If declined you will be given a notice and have 24 hours to provide us with a valid credit card. If one is not provided you will forfeit your $200 down payment and the cottage will be made available for other guests.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel 30 days or more before your stay, your deposit will be refunded to you, less a $50.00 administration fee. Within 30 days you are responsible for the full rental cost. Your stay is only refunded if we are able to rebook your stay (less the $50 administrative fee). Your Damage Deposit is refunded on all cancellations.